Pay less for your car insurance
Drivers with a VUTU box can receive up to 70% off their vehicle insurance policy.
What is VUTU ?
The VUTU box is a small self-powered device that attaches to the windscreen of your car to gather telematics about your driving behaviour.
In simple terms, telematics means sending computer based information over long distances with the help of global positioning satellites (GPS).
What VUTU gathers
- The time of day or night you drive
- The speed you drive at on different sorts of road
- If you brake or accelerate sharply
- If you take breaks on long journeys
- Your motorway miles
- Your total mileage
- The total number of journeys you make
This information is used to work out how safely you drive. If you’re a safe driver you could see a discount at renewal.
If the VUTU box fitted to your car senses a strong impact on the vehicle, it sets off an alarm at our HQ.
Our team will look at the data from the box to understand more about what has happened. We can then help you if necessary, which in some serious cases may involve contacting the emergency services.
The information from the box can also help in processing a claim. The data includes:
- Time and place of the accident
- Force of impact on the vehicle
- Direction of travel at the time of impact
- Speed of the vehicle prior to and after the time of impact